Are you tired of your Airtel subscription being automatically renewed without your consent? Don’t worry; you’re not alone. Many Airtel users in Nigeria have faced the same issue.
This comprehensive article will demonstrate how to cancel auto-renewal on Airtel step-by-step, giving you complete control over your subscription and ensuring you only pay for the services you require. We have you covered whether you’re a postpaid or prepaid subscriber.
In this content...
What is Auto Renewal on Airtel
Auto-renewal is a convenient feature offered by Airtel that automatically renews your subscription plan at the end of its validity period. While some users may find this convenient, it can lead to unwanted deductions and unexpected charges.
If you wish to have more control over your subscriptions and avoid being charged for services you no longer need, stopping auto-renewal is the way to go.
Related: How to Stop Data Auto Renewal on MTN
How to Cancel Auto Renewal on Airtel Prepaid
Method 1: Using USSD Code
To cancel auto renewal on Airtel with code, simply dial the code *141*Amount*1#. For example, let’s say you want to deactivate auto renewal for #100, simply dial *141*100*1# and your auto renewal will be deactivated.
The code for the deactivation of Airtel codes is *362*2#. Also, when purchasing data, you will receive a prompt asking if you would like to enable auto renewal.
If you wish to disable auto renewal, simply decline the prompt, and your chosen subscription will not be set for automatic renewal. You will receive a confirmation message stating that auto renewal has not been enabled for the selected subscription.
If you prefer speaking to a customer care representative, you can follow these steps to stop auto-renewal on Airtel prepaid:
- Dial 300 on your Airtel mobile device.
- Follow the voice prompts to reach the customer care department.
- Explain that you wish to stop auto-renewal on your Airtel subscription.
- Provide the necessary details and verify your identity as requested.
- The customer care representative will assist you in disabling the auto-renewal feature for your chosen subscription.
Method 3: Via Airtel Text message
Airtel provides a convenient way to managing subscriptions and disabling auto renewal through text message. You can follow these steps:
- Send ‘STOP’ to 141 to cancel the Airtel auto renewal bundle.
- Text “STOP” to 141 to end any Airtel subscription.
- To deactivate any code for Airtel code, dial *362*2#.
- Send STOP to 140 to turn off Airtel’s automatic renewal of WhatsApp. Or you can text the word STOP to 440.
- Send ‘STOPAUTORENEW’ to 440 to cancel your current Airtel data plan. You could also opt out of auto-renewal process by texting “STOP” to 141.
- Send ‘STOP’ to 141 to stop the automatic renewal of Airtel voice bundles.
You may like: How to Check Your MTN Number with code in Nigeria
How to Stop Auto Renewal on Airtel Postpaid
If you are an Airtel postpaid customer and wish to stop auto-renewal, you can do so by following these steps:
- Dial 121 on your Airtel mobile device.
- Connect with the customer care department.
- Explain that you want to cancel auto-renewal for your postpaid subscription.
- Provide the necessary details and verify your identity.
- The customer care representative will guide you through disabling auto-renewal on your Airtel postpaid subscription.
Stopping auto-renewal on your Airtel subscription comes with several advantages:
- Cost Control: You have more control over your expenses by stopping auto-renewal. You can choose to renew a subscription only when needed, avoiding unnecessary deductions from your account.
- Flexibility: Stopping auto-renewal allows you to switch between different plans and services according to your requirements. You are not locked into a specific subscription and can explore other options available.
- Reduced Clutter: With auto-renewal disabled, you can declutter your subscription list and avoid having multiple active subscriptions you no longer need or use.
Yes, Airtel allows you to stop auto-renewal for specific services. You can choose which subscriptions you want to disable auto-renewal, giving you complete control over your account.
Stopping auto-renewal will not impact your current subscription. It will only prevent the automatic renewal of the subscription at the end of its validity period. You can continue to use the remaining services until the expiration date.
Yes, you can enable auto-renewal for your Airtel subscription at any time. Follow the appropriate steps mentioned earlier and choose the option to enable auto-renewal.
Yes, Airtel sends notifications via SMS and other channels to inform you about the upcoming expiration of your subscription. It gives you the option to renew your membership, if necessary, manually.
Q5: Can I cancel auto-renewal temporarily and enable it later?
Yes, you can stop auto-renewal temporarily and enable it again later. It is particularly useful when you want to pause a subscription for a specific duration.
Taking control of your Airtel subscriptions by stopping auto-renewal is a simple and effective way to manage your expenses and avoid unwanted deductions.
Whether you’re a prepaid or postpaid customer, the methods provided in this guide give you the freedom to choose when and how to renew your subscriptions.
Regularly review your subscriptions and adjust them based on your changing needs. By doing so, you can optimize your Airtel experience and stay in control of your finances.
Contact Airtel customer care for further assistance if you have any additional questions or concerns. Now stop auto-renewal on Airtel to enjoy a hassle-free subscription experience!